Belched from Hell’s depths into the rustic charms of the Witch County, Suffolk thirty long and disturbing years ago, Cradle of Filth are undisputed giants of the heavy metal realm. Imperious purveyors of a perennially unique strain of dark, dastardly and wilfully extreme metal, with deep roots in the worlds of gothic horror and occult curiosity, the band led by Dani Filth has weathered three decades of tumult and trial, earning a formidable reputation as both a singular creative force and one of the most riotously entertaining live bands the metal world has ever produced.
Existence Is Futile, is yet another monumental and electrifying journey through the dark. Although instantly recognisable as the work of these veteran blackhearts, the thirteenth album is a wholly different beast from its immediate predecessors. Pitch-black, perverse and at times absurdly brutal and extreme, it hangs together with mesmerising fluidity. It is also absolutely rammed with giant, rousing melodies and moments of jaw-dropping invention.
Limited edition purple/black marbled vinyl.
1. The Fate of the World on Our Shoulders [1:37]
2. Existential Terror [6:17]
3. Necromantic Fantasies [5:40]
4. Crawling King Chaos [5:27]
5. Here Comes a Candle... (Infernal Lullaby) [1:28]
6. Black Smoke Curling from the Lips of War [5:21]
7. Discourse Between a Man and His Soul [5:30]
8. The Dying of the Embers [6:08]
9. Ashen Mortality [1:50]
10. How Many Tears to Nurture a Rose? [4:34]
11. Suffer Our Dominion [6:22]
12. Us, Dark, Invincible [6:26]
Cradle of Filth - Existence is Futile